ArcGIS for AutoCAD is a free, downloadable plug-in application for AutoCAD that provides improved interoperability between AutoCAD and ArcGIS. Within the AutoCAD environment, you gain easy access to enterprise GIS maps hosted by ArcGIS Server.
In addition, ArcGIS for AutoCAD gives you the ability to prepare CAD data for use with the ArcGIS system while leveraging your existing CAD standards.
- View one or more georeferenced ArcGIS Server map services in AutoCAD without any data conversion.
- Maps are automatically positioned according to the coordinate system defined in the CAD drawing or the map service.
- Examine the attribute values of map features.
- Control automatic and on-demand display updates of maps when the AutoCAD view is changed.
- Control the draw order of map services.
- Control the visibility of individual map layers in a map service.
- Convert snapshots of dynamic maps to AutoCAD raster reference entities.
- Manage and access favorite map services with the map service palette.
- Access ArcGIS Server map services versions 9.3 and 10 on secure servers.
- Access ArcGIS Server cached 9.3 and higher map services.
- Select drawing entities by their GIS attribute values.
- Add Esri industry standard data models into CAD workflows.
- Create and edit GIS data in standard .dwg files.
- Add attributes to AutoCAD entities.
- Filter graphic selections by feature class membership.
- Select from thousands of Esri coordinate system definition files (.prj).
- Customize CAD mapping applications with ArcGIS for AutoCAD commands and AutoLISP tools.